Position: Station Manager
Start date: January 21, 2019 – (flexible)
Application Deadline: January 16, 2019
Hours: 30 hours (currently expanded to 40 until August 2019 due to Radiometres grant funding which may be renewed with new grant proposal).
Wage range: 13.50-14.25$ /hour depending on experience
Local 107.3 FM – CFMH (parent company: Campus Radio Saint John Inc.) is hiring a new station manager. This position offers a high level of flexibility, but may require some weekend and evening work, with potential for increased hours and compensation subject to successful grant applications.
Local 107.3 FM is a non-profit, volunteer-driven, campus-based community radio station located on the traditional, unceded, territories of the Wolastoqey, Peskotomuhkati, and Mi’gmaq Peoples, and is based out of the UNB – Saint John campus.
Local FM is an equal opportunity employer who employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and physical and mental disability.
- Supervision and mentoring of staff & volunteers
- Includes: Direct supervision of all term staff and shared supervision (with the Board’s HR committee) of other permanent staff members. Coordination of hiring per station policy
- Ensuring an engaging, inclusive, and positive environment for staff & volunteers
- Communication with all regulatory bodies (CRTC, SOCAN, UNBSJ), sponsors, funders, and partner organizations as well as with other Campus and Community stations (through the NCRA and CRFC).
- Developing and writing grant applications, fundraising, and station & volunteer promotion
- Ensuring the organization operates in a fiscally accountable and transparent manner.
- Includes: budget development, payroll, daily bookkeeping, quarterly summaries, and audit prep
- Facilitating, reporting to, and participating in board and committee meetings.
- Development and maintenance of organization files, resources, minutes, and financial statements
- Maintaining and improving existing station systems, equipment, and procedures
- Coordinating regular meetings (often weekly) with other staff members with focus on ongoing projects and general station business
- Completing of regular (usually annual) returns and reports for outside bodies such as CRTC, SOCAN, CRA
- Seeking new grant opportunities and completing grant proposals such as Canada Summer Jobs, Radiometres
- Participating in budget development with the Board of directors and its finance committee. UNBSJ expects a draft budget as part of the university’s budget process – usually in early February
- Regular by-weekly payroll, government remittances, and financial record keeping and reporting in consultation with the finance committee
- Reporting to and working with the Board of directors (meets a minimum of 4 times per year)
- Twice yearly evaluation of permanent staff (1 staff member) in conjunction with the board’s HR committee and evaluation of any grant funded staff
- Helping to develop the new strategic plan which is in mid-stream with a next phase meeting with stakeholders scheduled for February 24th
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous C/C radio, management, and/or volunteer coordination skills
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Financial experience – budget development, bookkeeping, payroll, etc
- Successful grant writing experience
- Proven ability to work with and foster volunteer engagement
Applications should be submitted to the attention of the Local FM Hiring Committee by email Chair@cfmh.ca and include a cover letter and resume.